Friday, March 14, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Since I haven't written since last week (such a long time!), I guess I have much to catch up on!
Karen took Maureen and I to the Flower Show in Philadelphia Thursday night. Now before you say anything, let me say that I didn't think it was going to be my cup of tea either but it was absolutely beautiful! Dinner with the Michaelson's was wonderful! We went out to a restaurant by Villanova and had a delicious dinner! Saturday was a busy day because we worked the meal then I had to get some last minute things for the Steward's Ball we went to Saturday night... mainly a dress. One of our volunteers, Jim, worked for a union and they host a ball every year to celebrate their work and achievements and every year Jim invites the FVMs! We had so much fun and were able to dance and eat delicious food! (there was a chocolate fountain involved!)
Sunday we worked the meal and left right after to head north for retreat! It was such an amazing week of relaxation and ...sleep. The beauty of Mount Irenaeus (the retreat house) is that it's just so far from civilization that the only thing that seemed to bother us were the millions of ladybugs that plagued the house... although they weren't too harmful. We had a couple of speakers on Catholic Social Teaching as well as simplicity and were able to just spend the rest of the time as we chose. Mostly we all chose sleep... which was much-needed by all of us! We spent lots of time with Fr. Michael as well which is just recipe for a good time! The girls and I think that he's finally comfortable with us and so all the way up and all the way back we were all singing and dancing in the car, so much fun!
So now I'm back in Philadelphia. I was on pickups today with some students from Eastern Illinois State College so I still haven't really gotten the chance to "be back to work" but was definitely grateful for the ease at which I've been able to re-acclimate to the hustle-and-bustle. While I don't feel entirely ready to embark again on another 4 months of ministry, I'm excited to be back and am happy to be back with my Philadelphia family!
I hope and pray that all is going well with you! Have a great weekend and Happy Palm Sunday! (okay, maybe happy isn't the right word, but celebrate!)

No comments: