Thursday, January 31, 2008

Too much to update...

Because my dad yelled at me to update my blog, I will give you the briefest update yet.
-My dad's visit was incredible! I think he really enjoyed spending time with me and seeing what I do... just what I wanted!
-My trip home was incredible! The wedding was absolutely beautiful and perfect and my family can throw a GREAT party!!! I'm so blessed to have been part of such a beautiful and wonderful celebration! Congratulations Michael and Beckah!

We are beginning a brown-out in my community for the next couple of days. A brown out is where we will use no electricity (aside from leaving the refrigerator on and keeping the heat at around 55 so as not to freeze the pipes). The team is going on retreat (they've actually already left) so we figured this would be a good time for us to try our whole "no electricity" business. We are not pretending to be like our guests, many of whom do not have electricity or heat, but we are using it as an educational tool for ourselves- to gain awareness of the limitations that living in substandard housing or no housing at all can present. We will not be showering (no heat = no hot water = no shower) and we will be playing games and spending time together by candle-light.
We will return to the world of electricity when the team returns from their retreat Saturday afternoon/evening so please pray for us as we embark on our brown-out!
For all of you who I saw this weekend at the wedding, it was wonderful to see you and catch up with you! Thank you all for your support and love!

...and we're off (hahaha, literally, well, the lights anyway :-) )

No comments: